1.09.2009

you say 'piˈænoʊ,' i say 'piˈæna.'

i'm an only child, but i have one sister.

dearest jessica.
you are absolutely stunning. you are beautiful and radiant. a beacon of hope in my life and in those around you. you are amazingly strong and courageous. you are ambitious and your smile is captivating. thank you for infecting my life with joy. you are one of the key components of the happiness that runs through me. you are a cornerstone of hope.
a thousand times thank you.

i remember mulan. and mushu. and dancing to spider webs. and squishing your tigger and her one ear sticking out. and boosh kitty. and ridiculously good chocolate milk. and lots of cereal. tons of cereal. and that crazy mcdonalds swingset in your yard that later became my yard.

and attempting to play horse with you. and losing. and not being able to dribble and run. and driving golf carts with you.

my gracious girl, you are wonderful. words are utterly failing me. but you are...my sister.
my dearest jess, i love you.

2 comments:

clint said...

this is probably the most endearing thing i've ever read from you. very sweet. everyone should be so lucky to have such a best friend.

way said...

heather, your nostalgia is really pretty. i love that you're writing so much. it's really inspiring. much love. and i think you said you have seen benjamin button, but if you haven't....it's so good, soooo good.