1.14.2009

an unmarried woman cannot fish alone in montana.

my routine in the morning.

so as a general rule of thumb for myself [very recently acquired], i really enjoy getting up in the morning [about 2 to 3 hours before i have to be somewhere] to just be around the house.

eat english muffins.
drink chocolate soy milk.
listen to sigur ros and explosions and simon and garfunkel. and ryan adams.

then pending the day, ill shower. and days when i shower are just far better in general and not for the obvious reason one may think. oh contrare! showering mornings are better for me because they serve as the salvation of the roof of my mouth.



you see, when i do shower in the morning, i brush my teeth when i get out of the shower. and i really brush my teeth...normally for about a good 5-7 minutes. perhaps even 10. but i dont just sit around and brush my teeth during this allotted time, i do other things...things that further my 'getting ready' process.
so on these showering days, im normally in a robe or a towel...something that does not hinder my tooth-brushing experience.

well today. on this glorious wednesday.

i did not shower.
i just woke up [with only an hour to spare before i had to leave] and ate my english muffin. drank my soy milk. then i went to get ready. i had on jeans and a tanktop and went to brush my teeth.
[insert toothbrush into mouth].


i then decide "im going to finish getting dressed now."
and i do. i choose to wear an argyle sweater.
i pull it out of my closet and attempt to put it on. [toothbrush in mouth].

really heather?
no.no heather. you should not.
but i did. and the toothbrush of course got stuck on the sweater and pushed into my mouth.

toothpaste and spit everywhere. and a cut on the roof of me mouth...
i remember the good, safe times when my mother still dressed me in bed in the morning when i refused to get up...

1 comment:

way said...

hahaa. oh. i thoroughly enjoyed you dickensy descriptive writing. i hope i run into you today (not literally, because it might hurt) so that i can see the toothpaste spit on your argyle sweater (hoping that you're still wearing it despite the incident).

is your roof okay?