8.13.2010

it could be the gluten...

man, sometimes i wish it was just the gluten. i have decided to write this post in the lowest valley of a depressed mood i am in.
i do not know what is wrong with me. i know that it is not anyone else around me, although it is mostly the people around me that suffer...but i cannot stand myself lately.
i find myself looking to former times in my life and hoping, praying that i could be that happy again.

but then the kicker [there always is one], i also look back to those times and try to remember how i felt and i know for a fact that i was not happy during those times easier.
i have never been diagnosed with depression. i have talked to so many therapists over the years--each of them telling me that i was extraordinary in dealing with the things that i have been through and that there is nothing wrong with my mind, but that i am tip-top shape mental health wise.

perhaps its been building to this, perhaps its always been like this and ive been numb to it. probably its neither of those and i am just trying to make excuses.
the truth is that so often i have horrid thoughts of myself and my life. and i am able to stand outside of it and go "girl! check yourself before you wreck yourself..seriously." and i do. and im fine.
im just exhausted of dealing with this on my own. and i know that it is my own to deal with.

its just so hard and yes ill be redundant, im so exhausted.
today i woke up depressed and that usually doesn't happen. it normally comes on at night, never first thing. and ive been walking around downtown moping. i feel pathetic. i feel like i am in a hole or some weird snow globe. more likely the latter.

i just want out of this snow globe. i want happiness to win over. i am a happy person, i am just drowning in fake snow right now.

2 comments:

way said...

You are NOT dealing with this on your own... because it is not YOURS to deal with alone.

God is really strong and He goes through everything with you.

Proverbs 3-
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways, acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight.

way said...

Another thing,

I need you to know that you have always been a blessing in my life. You are the most loving person I know. Hands down. You can argue with me on that one, but I think you might possibly be my favorite person.

I love you, buddy. I know you're going through a lot of shit right now... and have been for a while. But you have to realize that all of this pain and suffering and crying yourself to sleep at night brings you closer to God if you acknowledge His presence in all of this shit.