5.05.2008

oh my chagrin.

strange. its been about 3 years since i have had a regular blog, and for the strangest reason today, i thought 'yo. i'sa gonna get a newb blog.'

and i did.
and here i am.

i am in such a strange place in my life right now. i am nearly done with exams, and it is certainly bittersweet. i do not want this semester to end because i do not want to lose [in distance] some of the people that i love the most.
with the close of the school year and beginning of summer, comes parting and moving and goodbyes.

its surreal in a sense.
i remember the first day i walked into high school as a freshman. i thought that i would be there for forever. i never thought about time.

woot. tangent. time. that is something that i cannot just grasp. hand me derrida, calculus, ibsen, shakespeare, spenser, milton, even rowling and i can give you something. but honestly, time. it is just something that i dont grasp, but in a good way.
its how i see and feel the unfathomable nature of god. of goodness.
of possibility. the thought that simultaneously there are countless things going on, good and bad, that can never be re-lived or taken back or duplicated in the same fashion.
its mind blowing. its not tangible. its amazing.
jesus is not tangible. to be quite honest, jesus is just plain weird.
and i love it.
i love waywardness and i love time and i love the world that time is encompassed in.

i dont make any sense do i.

1 comment:

way said...

Heather, I love this.

I feel really lonely when I think about time. I feel insignificant. It's kind of the same when I think about how art is constantly duplicated without intention...if you make 100 splatter paintings in a year, you'll probably recreate a Jackson Pollock on accident. It's stuff like this that makes my creativity seem unoriginal and handed down to me.

I feel so similar to you - Time makes me believe God.