5.11.2008

ill have a swig of your bathtub gin.

twenty two years old. its memorable.

its interesting the time of the year that my birthday falls on...it happens right as school gets out...its perfect.
when i was younger. people didnt graduate. or leave. but now they do.

i had a lovely birthday, of rest. i suppose that is step one to my summer goal...rest for my heart.

my prayer for the week is to begin to cleanse my heart to rest. ah christ. that single word encompasses so much for me. so much hope that this filth that is my heart and life can be cleansed and rested.

tangent: [kinda from the first paragraph-ish]. my birthday symbolizes the end of school and rest for me, but in the past few years, as a leader, it has come to symbolize...summer camp.
in two weeks we shall be at sharptop cove..for the last time [with these girls]. and i am nostalgic. its surreal that these girls are graduating and leaving. they are beautiful inside and out and my heart yearns to see them grow in christ.

i just want to pray over these senior girls in the cspc youth group. i pray for guidance for them and for wisdom in christ. i pray for grace and love abounding and for their hearts in the coming years. i know college is such an exciting, confusing, and defining time. i love these girls so much and want them to ground themself in christ to love the world and save it.

if that makes sense.

1 comment:

benjamin said...

we could all just start college over...

it would be a much better experience with all of the wisdom i've gained over the past few years... NOT.

jesus christ for president.

-ben