7.21.2008

it caused a mudslide on the banks of the operator

i think that the past week of my life can be described as numb. i find it strange, yesterday at church, my friend jill asked me how i was doing. she is one of my closer friends at church and her and i have similar backgrounds with our mothers, and long story short, when she asks me how i am doing, she is really asking me. and i really responded. i said i was numb and tired. david was sitting beside me and my friend corey on the other side and i felt trapped. i didn't want to answer openly and honestly. so i just stuck with my answer "numb and tired." then david chimed in. "we stayed up really late last night."

no. i wasn't, i am not, physically exhausted. this summer has been a physical paradise for me. i dont have a job, i am resting my body to a gluttonous point. my exhaustion is rooted in something deeper.

i am mentally and emotionally exhausted. in that single moment, in that single question, i realized how much i need god. this past week has been a distant week for me. god, i know, is not distant from me. i am distant from him. and myself for that matter. and when i become distant from christ, i become numb. and then the self-evaluations start and the ridicule that i give myself. i just need christ. and its becoming less of a need and more of a want. i do not want to lead my own life. i am a terrible pilot, possibly even a terrible co-pilot. but perhaps i should give the latter a chance, then potentially become a simple passenger. i dont know. i think thats alright, though.

2 comments:

Ethan said...

you too?
how are you feeling about things?
if you ever need to, stop by starbucks and we can catch up.

way said...

i'm not sure if you wrote this after that night that we talked on the front steps of audrey and amanda's...when we talked about our mom's punishments and stuff.

anyways, i hope you're doing better now. we'll talk.